It looks like an interesting theme interpretation, I'd like to see some follow-up sketches, maybe smaller this time ;) Perhaps you could edit this post too, I had to zoom out quite a bit to see the whole pic.
Cool concept - I agree with TNF, a little hard to see.
Latue, you've got a great imagination! Have you ever read any sketching books about human proportions? There is lots on the internet (for free), but I like reading and having a book on the table when I sketch. I've bought several books at the local crafts store (here our version is called "Michael's Arts and Crafts" but I'm not sure if they're in your area. I also like to go to the local B&N or Borders bookstores, but they're a bit pricier. The craft stores usually have short magazine-size books for under $10 on specific concepts like body proportions, faces, animals, flowers, etc.
The best book I've ever read that has helped me the most was called "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain". It's a longer book and is very detailed and technical, so you have to read it in smaller bits (like a text book). But it gives you good short "assignments" that really help, such as turning a reference photo upside down and draw it upside down. This way you're really drawing just what you see, not what your preconceived notions of what the image is supposed to look like. This is especially helpful for faces and bodies - we're tied into our younger conceptions of what a drawn face looks like, but actual proportions are extremely different than what we typically draw.
3 comments:
It looks like an interesting theme interpretation, I'd like to see some follow-up sketches, maybe smaller this time ;)
Perhaps you could edit this post too, I had to zoom out quite a bit to see the whole pic.
Cool concept - I agree with TNF, a little hard to see.
Latue, you've got a great imagination! Have you ever read any sketching books about human proportions? There is lots on the internet (for free), but I like reading and having a book on the table when I sketch. I've bought several books at the local crafts store (here our version is called "Michael's Arts and Crafts" but I'm not sure if they're in your area. I also like to go to the local B&N or Borders bookstores, but they're a bit pricier. The craft stores usually have short magazine-size books for under $10 on specific concepts like body proportions, faces, animals, flowers, etc.
The best book I've ever read that has helped me the most was called "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain". It's a longer book and is very detailed and technical, so you have to read it in smaller bits (like a text book). But it gives you good short "assignments" that really help, such as turning a reference photo upside down and draw it upside down. This way you're really drawing just what you see, not what your preconceived notions of what the image is supposed to look like. This is especially helpful for faces and bodies - we're tied into our younger conceptions of what a drawn face looks like, but actual proportions are extremely different than what we typically draw.
Post a Comment